Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mexican Black Beans

Today I have a yummy and healthy side dish to share with you. My friend recently brought these beans over when our families ate burgers together and we all loved it (even my non-healthy hubby!) It sounded so easy, so last week I made it...and by the way, I'm not trying to advertise for great value foods even though it looks like it!



 It's just 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained...


On the stove, place your beans, diced green chilies, and stewed tomatoes, then mix them together and heat all the way through...then add 1 cup of Colby Jack cheese.


 And you are ready! I told you it was easy!


Are you getting hungry yet?

Mexican Black Beans

2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can of diced green chilies
1 can of Mexican stewed tomatoes ( I used fire roasted, Tex Mex style tomatoes) *
1 cup Colby Monterrey Jack shredded cheese

* these were more spicy than the stewed version


Only one more follower to go til we can give that VINTAGE black scale away! Will it be you?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try this, looks real good!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!