Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Decorating an Outdoor Space with Vintage!

One of our sweet customers came to the barn on a mission! They had just completed this fun, open, outdoor living space and she was looking for vintage furniture and finds to decorate it and really give it a completed, fun, and functional look! She found lots of great items and then asked if we would help her set it up! Now, this lady is fun and she likes lots of color, her home is joy and blessing to all who enter, so I knew that this was going to be a blast! Take a look at the completed space!

 See if you can spot some of the items from the last barn sale....

 First off, they needed a functional space...This family is blessed with children, grandchildren and many friends, so we tried to get in as many sitting spaces as possible!
 Recognize the green cabinet? It is perfect piece to use as a serving bar and full of storage underneath for those napkins and paper plates!
 We used a tall bistro style table they already owned....See those bird cage stands in the background? Those are great way to add height and color to your space. They will look wonderful with flowering baskets for the spring too! ( or birdcages!)
 This would be my favorite spot to sit...we used her black vintage glider, placed the wooden ironing board behind it as a sofa table or additional serving area and put the orange wagon as a coffee table! I'm so glad that wagon went to a good home...I loved it!
 Then we added the vintage green washer in and suggested they use it as cooler to ice down drinks for parties! How fun!

 We did put some drinks in there as a surprise when they came home!

 Are you ready for a visit yet?
Doesn't it look relaxing? We also left them chips and hot sauce to enjoy with their drinks...hopefully, they will get many enjoyable hours in this space! We sure had fun putting it together with vintage finds and the great items they already owned. Vintage items are fun, but even better when they are used and enjoyed!  Hope you are enjoying all your recent purchases too!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful.

    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outdoor space and you are inspiring me with our outdoor space that is similar http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/2011/10/creekside-deck-update.html
    I like the idea of using a wago for the coffee table, but I am afraid my daughter will take off with it without understanding that it is now furniture!! Love it!! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I am so glad you mentioned the old wooden ironing board. I was recently given one and I was having a hard time thinking of a good use for it. I would never have thought of using it as a side table or a sofa table! I'm going to go get it out of the garage right now and set it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, that last comment was from me. I am not too good with all this computer stuff and it posted as if from my husband. HA! Love, Molly Pontius

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!