Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Using Vintage!

 
 
Don't you love it when you see people actually using vintage items in their homes or lives in some way? Sometimes, I'll admit, I get a little bored with perfect styled homes, wonderful arrangements and lives that look harmonious! I'll tell you why too, because that is not REAL life! Real life is messy, crazy, and complicated and rarely picture perfect! Okay, now that I got that out of my system, I wanted to share what 2 sweet young girls did with some of their VINTAGE finds from the barn.... Now you know, I live in Texas, and we LOVE our football and we wear giant corsages called MUMS to homecoming games, right? This is to show our school spirit and to celebrate the day! Take a look at these mums and how they used vintage items in a whole new way!

 They used VINTAGE scrabble letters, buttons, white game tiles, ribbon, sheet music, French papers, skeleton keys, jewelry pieces from grandmothers, lace...

To make their custom, original mums...
 Darling, right? I hear they were the talk of the school too!
 I'm sure they will be saving these for a while!

It's fun to dream up a project, complete it and then to share it with a friend, even better!

Thanks for sharing in your fun, Caitie and Chloe! You both inspire me!
Thankful for the next generation to appreciate the past with us too!

Blessings,
Jodi

PS. Our football team is still alive in the play offs! Go GCS!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Those are WONDERFUL creations!! By two beautiful young ladies. It IS wonderful the share the love of vintage with the next generations! blessings ~ tanna
    ps the turkeys have made me smile everytime I've passed them today! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just love those girls already! They did a great job - love it! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!