Friday, February 17, 2012

FF & a challenging Before & After!

 White McCoy and USA pottery...a whole collection! A wonderful find....

 The power of a single color collection! What a great statement these pottery pieces make together.
 Wonderful details....
Sweet animals...
Look for it all @ the spring sale!

Now, to my challenge for the week!
Somewhere along the way, I had purchased these new wooden architectural pieces. Now I love anything architectural in nature and these fit the bill. I knew I could do something to improve them a bit.


Then I remembered why they looked vaguely similar...I already had this piece on my wall.
And I wondered...could I make these new pieces look old? ( this piece is not old by the way, but it has that great aged look!)

So, I had to give it a shot!
First I stained the wood. This was very time consuming because of all the detailing of the wood, but well worth the effort.
 Then I painted them with Annie Sloan's Chalk paint in Old White.....I didn't completely cover them, I wanted the stained part to be scene also.
 Then I sanded the paint and rubbed them over with dark wax...
 And I was pleased with how they turned out!
 The details show up really great with all those layers!
They looked cool as bookends also.
I know you can tell by the size which one is off my wall,but I thought they looked pretty close!
From new to old looking in just 3 steps...

I'm partying with these gals today:



Furniture Feature Fridays




five days five ways | feature friday free for all




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! They look old and aged now!

    Thanks so much for linking up at my weekly Chalk Paint party.

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look, every time I find a new blog I find a new idea. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!