Monday, June 11, 2012

A harvest table & Party!

 After all these years of looking and selling lots of great farm style tables, I finally found one for my house! I originally bought it to sell at the barn, but then thought I'll just try it in the house...and it fit perfectly!
This was the table we had been using...for 8 long years...it was sufficient,but not inspiring. Can't you feel my pain??? Functional, but UGLY!
 Now I know some of you are saying, REALLY? You liked this one better? But alas, it's true! I love the character, the chunky legs, the painted top ( it came out of a tomato shed - the top)! I quickly sold the other table and had to get some chairs out of the barn....That barn really comes in handy some times!

Now, for the party...my precious, wonderful mom was having a birthday and instead of going out to lunch ( she doesn't like to eat out? Who knows?) we had a salad luncheon at my house and I got to decorate my new table! Can you guess her favorite color???
 I also used hankies and jars from the barn, used little picture frames for name place tags and added some chocolate...
 I love hydranga's...and my sweet neighbor (since I can't seem to grow them!) let me use some of hers!
 I had to use my game table too to get all the ladies seated!

 We had a really sweet time...
 I also added some black and white photos her growing up....
 Can you guess her age? She sure doesn't look it!

It was a sweet, memorable day!
I LOVE you MOM!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Jodie
    I love your family and all your traditions. Your mom if indeed and it gives me joy to watch you two work together at what you love. happy 70th glo.
    I would have bought that harvest table LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! You should see the table my dad is working on...10ft and it's going to be for sale!!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your harvest table Jodi - looks perfect in your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I am really enjoying it!! Happy day to you!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the table and that it is yellow and the purple things you did for the party...So perfect!

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!