Monday, July 30, 2012

It's all in the HaRdWaRe!

Before and After's...they are one of my favorite things...To take a forgotten piece and with a little time, love, patience and PAINT turn it into something usable and fun once again...and so goes this piece!

Tired and worn...right?

 I didn't get too far out on paint color...classy and black seemed to fit her just fine!
 Just ignore the messy garage...it always looks like a "junk tornado" went off in there!
 I really think updating the hardware makes all the difference!
Hardware is often in need of a change...BUT buying all new can get expensive, especially if you are painting to re-sale, so here are some of my favorite products to use!

 Rust-oleum! I could be their spokes person...well, not really, but I do love their products! On this hardware I used the Metallic silver, just one coat will cover easily. Then I thought the silver was a tad too bright, so I used some dark wax to take the shine off and then finished with Rust-oleum Polyurethane clear finish. Don't skip the clear coat, it holds the silver paint on!
Here's a close up! 
Do you have a great products for "saving" hardware? Please share it so, I would love to know!

Also, I'm linking here today!


five days five ways | feature friday free for all Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love this transformation Jodi! And that same "junk tornado" came thru my garage!!

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!