Friday, August 31, 2012

Ruff and Tuff

 This little dresser and I did not start out on good terms...at all. Do you re-finishers out there ever have pieces like this? It just took me forever to get it done...
 You can spot some issues...paint needs to be stripped and the mahogany stain is hard to paint over, unless you use black. I had already decided I wanted to try COCO ( AS chalk paint) and Old White...so at it I went...

 After stripping and sanding the top, I did paint it, but it  took way more coats than usual because the "red" in Mahogany kept coming thru the paint...Even though I was using Chalk Paint which usually covers well in only 1 coat... ( mu patience was wearing thin.) I think I was having "one of those days" when I just wanted to get something accomplished!

 But after several coats of paint and dark wax I think she turned out pretty good!
 COCO paint color is growing on me...I might just use this same color combination on a desk too!
Thankfully, It's not got a red based stain on it!
 Detail. Up close.
Overall, I'm pleased...but did I mention I have her twin dresser also???
She looks completely different! I went for some color...I'll post that saga soon!

Linking here today:
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I have a little dresser similar to this so you've given me some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cocoa! You did a fantastic job. It was well worth your time! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime too :) Also, I would love for you to come and share this at my linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend. http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/08/rustic-restorations-weekend-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi--really nice job, it looks fantastic!
    Way to persevere through a tough project--they can't ALL go easy, dang it!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I defintiely have projects that start out this way! Awesome result though - great details on the little dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just installed iStripper, so I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!