Friday, August 17, 2012

Welcome to....

Annabel's house!

Are you up for a treat today? It is Friday after all and raining (thankfully) at my house, 
so pull up a chair and check out her classic style of wood, white and BLUE!
Gracious living at it's best!

Welcome to the kitchen! She and her hubby recently updated this space and  you can see she is very current with her mix of brick, industrial elements, granite, VINTAGE items, and of course BLUE!
 I loved her idea of using vintage tea cups for measuring cups...
 
It looks like she has already been baking this morning...

 I really thought this was FUN...Just select you cup and enjoy your morning coffee! I believe she told me the rack came form and East Coast auction and she bought it for a song!
 Just FYI...It was around the 4th of July when I was there...Hence the flags! 
I loved her mix again of antique pine table, slip covered covered chairs, and ironstone...
 And now you'll start to see some of her amazing collection of blue and white...
Sorry, Annabel for such bad pictures, but I loved this space, so I am sharing them anyhow!
She has a window seat, which looks out to an inclosed patio with built in shelves all around it. 
Decorating TIP:
Built in are perfect for collections and fun to change for the seasons!

On to the living room...Perfect picture in here!

 She uses lots of slipcovers and loves them for easy use and washing...even with GRAND KIDS!

  Decorating TIP:
When you are hanging plates and platters, always start with the largest ones and work out from there. It is also helpful to layout your arrangement on the floor and play around with placement before you get lots of nail holes in the wall!
 Again, bad photographer!!! I must do better....

More blue in the shelves by the fireplace!


 I really liked this piece...great for display and storage....

 
 Maybe it's an old Silk fabric display...She bought it from a man's clothing store and they showed ties in it!

She used it for storing all her table linens!
I know, you all want it!!!ME TOO!
 Now on to the sun room where she does mix in some green and yellow...
 Another great Majolica plate arrangement...
 She only collects green and yellow and together those colors make a great statement!
 You might recognize my "model" and can you guess what Annabel's favorite drink might be?
** She bought that awesome slip covered chair from our last Barn sale!**
 This is my spot...looking at the pool, reading my favorite book...OHHHH!
Blue, green, dogs...LOVE!
 Just a few more favorite things...this cow painting...the colors are wonderful!
You just can't get colors like this on new paintings!
 INVEST in old oil paintings...they hold their value!

Wonderful display piece...traded from a friend!


 I do want to point out she painted her walls RED! 
The blue looks great with that red the strong back ground color.

 Her treasures...wonderfully displayed for all to see!

One last shot ...She used a vintage window screen as a background for a hanging succulent garden...
Simple and pretty!

Thank-YOU Annabel, for opening your home to me and the readers!
It was a treat INDEED!

Happy Weekend to you all!

Linking Here:



five days five ways | feature friday free for all Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous home! I completely LOVE that huge bread board behind her stove!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Annabel that Susan from Sharman's thinks that her house is just beautiful! Now I know why she was buying that Blue Willow platter at the Barn Sale!

    ReplyDelete

We always like to hear your thoughts!