Jesus * Name Above All Names * Ruler Over All * The Door * The Light * Redeemer * Savior* Messiah *
Lion of Judah * Key to Heaven * The Word * Lamb of God * My Song * Emmanuel * Counselor*
And so many more...
This is the JESUS Tree. A tree dedicated to only using the names of Jesus with the ornaments representing that particular name of Jesus. Our list is comprised of 60 names of Jesus with scripture references. We have loved this way of "redeeming" the season of Christmas and learning the wonderful names of Jesus. We sell a set of 60 tags that have a name of Jesus and where that name is found in scripture. You will also receive a 4x6 reference card with all the names and scriptures listed. For example, He is the Door so we used a vintage door knob to represent this name. The fun part is coming up with an ornament/item that represents these names to you and your family.
You will receive a small version of this poster in the set of tags.
These are the set of Jesus Tree Tags.
There are 60 names in our package of tags, so we suggest using a 4-6 ft tree. You can also mix the tags and ornaments in with your regular Christmas tree.
Here are some of our ideas...
The Good Shepherd
We often spell out names of Jesus with scrabble letters also!
Isn't this a great way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, JESUS! After all, we give gifts because God gave us Jesus to the world first.
" For God so loved the world He GAVE His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him, will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
These tags have been used in countless ways, here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- As an advent...read 3 names and scripture references and hang on the tree each day leading up to Christmas
- Use them in your Sunday School Class, have the students bring something that represents a name.
- Hanging the tags on a wreath/tree. They look simple and beautiful with out ornaments also.
- Use them as gift tags on packages
- Have a scavenger hunt with your group/family, divide up tags with groups and see what you can find in nature and in the store (Hobby Lobby is a great place to start.)
- The tags have been used by teachers at Christian schools to teach the names of Jesus. Each student is assigned a name and told to find a ornament that represents that specific name. They all bring the ornaments, read the name and scripture, then decorate the tree with HIS names.
The Jesus Tree is also a great witness to your unbelieving house guests and friends without ever saying a word. It is a silent testament to WHO you believe in. Wouldn't it be great if this tree/tags started an conversation about Jesus and what He means in your life?
How have you used the tags? Please share your ideas with us, we would love to know!
Blessings as you seek to know Him better this season,